Offline News

From knocking up websites in my spare bedroom, it’s been an interesting ¬†journey over the last few years. This week saw another landmark moment, with the purchase of offices for sunshine.

Our new offices are the ground and first floor

Since we started, sunshine has been based in a rented Regus office in Fleet. It was very handy at the time, but we’ve now grown to the point where it didn’t make sense financially. The new office will easily cater for our current office based staff and allow for a lot of expansion too.

First floor

The new offices are right at the centre of Fleet, and most importantly, directly across from a pub with a nice beer garden and just round the corner from Starbucks!

Ground floor

It’ll be a few months until the offices are kitted out and ready for the big move, but it’s nice to finally have some proper roots.

If anyone has previous experience kitting out an office from scratch, we’re open to advice on do’s, don’ts and oh my God no’s.

Oh and kudos to Chris Brown who handled the purchase (which was our 3rd attempt at buying this office) as I’d have lost patience in the whole thing long before now.

submit to affiliates4u
  1. 11 Responses to “Offline News”

2. By Andy Sears on Feb 10, 2010 | Reply

Don’t you just love blue carpet tiles. Do make sure you have enough plug / cat5 / telephone sockets. Not like the company I work for where we ripped them all out, only to have to cobble them together again when we expanded 6 months later.
    Good luck with the move!

3. By Chris Clarkson on Feb 10, 2010 | Reply

Cheers Andy,
    being the geeks we are, we’re quite excited about getting to play with/installing all the IT stuff!

4. By Marchamont on Feb 10, 2010 | Reply

Congratulations!

Been there, done that. Still scarred from the experience.

Is that a solid floor? If so, that’s really going to limit your layout.

Anyway, secondhand office furniture and server type kit is very cheap at the mo. ebay is an obvious choice for servers.

And get your comms cabinet (yes you will need one eventually so get it now) as far away from human beings as you can. Hot in Summer and damn noisy at any time of year.

Best of luck.

5. By Matt Bailey on Feb 10, 2010 | Reply

Buy a huge TV, a PS3, a beer fridge and some beanbags. And a pinball table. And an office dog.

6. By Chris Clarkson on Feb 10, 2010 | Reply

@ Marchamont Scarred? Sounds ominous!

@ Matt We’re not a VC funded start-up! We actually do work and also make money :)

7. By David Fiske on Feb 10, 2010 | Reply

That’s great news! Need a nice shiny sign on the outside though :-)

8. By Darren Cronian on Feb 10, 2010 | Reply

Nice work Chris! Office looks great. Good motivation for those of us trying to get out of the spare bedroom! :P

9. By Rob Barham on Feb 11, 2010 | Reply

Hi Chris,

Congrats on your purchase.

Read this last year – also from an online travel company :

10. By Chris Clarkson on Feb 11, 2010 | Reply

@ David – Cheers, not sure it’ll go with the blue!

@ Darren – It has taken a while to get here, and I’ve only moved from the bedroom to the study :)

@ Rob – Cheers for the link Rob, very interesting, who’d have thought the office space could have such an impact!

11. By David Fiske on Feb 11, 2010 | Reply

@Chris – Whilst I like the blue on the front, surely you could persuade them an equally bright shade of orange is a great step forward :-D

12. By David E-Stainer on Jul 16, 2010 | Reply

I have just posted a link to this page from the Travel Weekly forum in a conversation with Sunshine’s MD.

I suggested to him he should buy me a pint in the “pub with a nice beer garden” next time I am in Fleet. It will probably never happen I guess, anyway good luck with your new offices.